Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Taking a Moment....

I feel the need to share my labor with my third child, but I want to take a moment to say that I'm not trying to dwell on the negative. I have been dwelling on the negative, I admit it. That's part of the reason I've been pretty emotional lately. I felt so good about my preparation and caregivers on my last two deliveries, and yet there were unavoidable problems that arose anyway, and it's been a little hard to come to peace with that. The fact was, the babies and I were in good hands each time, and they did very well despite their challenges. So that's a positive thing to focus on.

Another important thing to remember is that, unless you have a major medical condition that always recurs with pregnancy, each pregnancy, baby, and delivery is different. And that's SO important to remember. What happened with baby #2 wasn't quite the same as baby #3, and the complications just happened and were not a result of neglect, abuse, or poor care. They just happened. There is no reason for me to fear that this next baby will face the same issues. My current "project" is to focus on the positive, have some faith, and let go of the issues of the past. They were resolved and don't need to haunt me anymore.

That goes for anyone who reads this too. Don't let my labors haunt you. The biggest reason I feel to share my experiences is 1) to be honest and open about my labors and not romanticize them, and 2) to show examples of labors when I didn't need an epidural and was happy about it. But my labors are my labors, and they are not going to be your labors. If you're expecting and are having a normal, healthy, low-risk pregnancy, you have every reason to believe that your labor will go FINE. :) See yourself having a good, healthy, comfortable birth everyday, and you will. I'll do the same, okay?

Just reminding you of that before I share this next story...

No comments:

Post a Comment